Brandeis Alumni, Family and Friends
Alumni Association Board of Directors
The Brandeis University Alumni Association, a vibrant community with more than 60,000 members strong, offers lifelong opportunities for alumni to stay connected to each other and to Brandeis. All Brandeis graduates are automatically members of the Alumni Association and entitled to a range of benefits and services.
The Board of Directors guides the Alumni Association in the creation, resourcing, and promotion of a range of programs for alumni of all ages and at all stages. The board consists of a president, the immediate past president, three vice-presidents, 20 members-at-large, and representatives and club presidents from regions across the United States and around the world.
While the board does not set policy for the university, it does play an important role in advancing the interests of alumni by communicating views and opinions to the university’s administration and helping to set strategic goals to meet the needs of all alumni.
The Brandeis University Alumni Association Board of Directors is seeking applications and nominations to fill five members-at-large positions.
To be considered for the current nomination cycle, all application and/or nomination forms are due on February 1, 2022.
The Nominating Committee will review applicants and select finalists, whose names will be submitted to the full Board in advance of its spring meeting. The Board of Directors will vote on the slate of nominees at the spring Board meeting. Newly appointed Board members will take office on July 1.
Ideal candidates are alumni who seek to lead engagement efforts in support of Brandeis’s mission and priorities. Principal factors taken into consideration by the nominating committee include:
- A history of leadership engagement with the Alumni Association;
- Consistent financial support for the university.
Committed to representing the diversity of the alumni population, the board welcomes members of all backgrounds.
Term of Office and Duties
Members-at-large serve two-year terms and are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Attend board meetings twice a year and participate in three board calls in between meetings. Actively participate in at least one board committee.
- Attend university activities and programs on campus and in the board member’s community.
- Contribute financially to the university on an annual basis as generously as their personal circumstances allow.
- Be a recognized spokesperson and ambassador for the Alumni Association and the university.
- Identify and recruit other alumni for leadership in the Alumni Association and the university.
- Uphold and reflect Brandeis’ tradition of excellence and ethical values in their work on behalf of the Alumni Association and the university.
Application and Nomination - Due February 1, 2022
Nomination and application forms remain valid for the current nomination year only.