Brandeis Alumni, Family and Friends
Mission, Vision and Values
Our vision is based on the fundamental mission of Brandeis University to be a community of scholars and students united by their commitment to the pursuit of knowledge and its transmission from generation to generation.
The vision articulates our aspiration as an organization and expresses our desire for an alumni community that is deeply engaged in the support of Brandeis, through volunteerism and giving. After guided conversations with the Alumni Association Board of Directors and the on-campus Alumni Relations team, the following vision statement was adopted:
- A global network of alumni, engaged for a lifetime, who provide support to the Brandeis community.
- The mission derives intrinsically from the vision and describes how the Alumni Association will work to achieve the vision.
The mission of the Brandeis Alumni Association is to engage, connect and benefit alumni and students and to strengthen Brandeis while honoring its founding principles.
To realize the vision and succeed in the mission, there needs to be a culture shift that calls alumni to service and recognizes the potential of alumni as partners in the mission and betterment of Brandeis. Three priorities have been identified as fundamental to accomplishing the culture shift:
- Build the Brandeis spirit of community
- Cultivate volunteer engagement and empower volunteer leadership
- Provide support for Brandeis and its mission with alumni as partners
The core values describe how the work of the Alumni Association and Alumni Relations team will be guided and assisted in Alumni achieving the vision and mission. The Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Alumni Relations team identified the following twelve essential core values:
- Academic Excellence/Rigor
- Social Justice
- Betterment of the World
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Moral Leadership