2017 Brandeis Alumni Board Nominations
The Brandeis University Alumni Association, which boasts more than 50,000 members and increases by approximately 800 graduates per year, is a robust, vibrant community that offers lifelong opportunities for alumni to stay connected to each other and to the University. All graduates of Brandeis University are automatically members of the Alumni Association and are entitled to a range of benefits and services.
The Board of Directors guides the Alumni Association in the creation, resourcing and promotion of a range of programs for alumni of all ages and in all life stages. The Board consists of a president, the immediate past president, four vice-presidents, 16 members at-large, and representatives and club presidents from regions across the United States and around the world.
While the Board does not set policy for the University, it does play an important role in advancing the interests of alumni by communicating views and opinions to the University’s administration and helping to set strategic goals to meet the needs of all alumni.
The Brandeis University Alumni Association Board of Directors is seeking applications and nominations for new members-at-large. Ideal candidates will be active alumni who want to lead engagement efforts in support of Brandeis’s mission and priorities.
This year we are seeking nominations/applications to fill three member-at-large spots on the Board.
To be considered in the current 2016-2017 nomination cycle, an application and/or nomination forms are due on January 15.
The Nominating Committee will review applicants and select finalists, whose names will be submitted to the full Board in advance of its spring meeting. The full Board of Directors will vote on the slate of nominees at the spring Board meeting. Newly appointed Board members will take office on July 1.
Term of Office and Duties
Members-at-large serve two-year terms and may serve no more than two consecutive terms.
Members-at-large are expected to fulfill the following responsibilities:
1. Attend Board meetings twice a year. Meetings are usually held on campus in the fall and spring.
2. Actively participate in at least one Board Committee.
3. Attend University activities and programs on campus and in the Board member’s community.
5. Contribute financially to the University on an annual basis at the highest level possible in accordance with their personal circumstances.
6. Be a recognized spokesperson and ambassador for the Alumni Association and the University.
7. Identify, recruit and involve other alumni for leadership in the Alumni Association and the University.
8. Uphold and reflect the University’s tradition of excellence and ethical values in their work on behalf of the Alumni Association and the University.
Qualifications/Desirable Board Member Attributes
The Nominating Committee seeks qualified members-at-large who demonstrate a genuine interest in serving the Brandeis alumni community. The Board is committed to ensuring it represents the diversity of the alumni population at large, and welcomes members of all ages, genders, geographic locations, and ethnic, racial, economic and religious backgrounds.
Nomination and application forms remain valid for the current nomination year only.
Contact Karen Rogol ’98, director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or 781-736-4106 with questions or for additional information.