Displaying results for: GivingView all
- GivingYour gifts move Justice Brandeis through campus and help students along the way.
- GivingGift establishes professorship in Jewish education research and funds continuing operations of the Mandel Center for Studies in Jewish Education.
- Alumni in the News
Gustav Ranis '52, dedicated alumni leader and valedictorian of Brandeis' first class, dies at age of 83The professor emeritus at Yale was the first Brandeis grad to earn a PhD and serve on the Board of Trustees.
- GivingLopater foundation commitment one of the largest in University history designated for scholarships.
- GivingFormer trustee's gift honors his wife, Frances Taylor Eizenstat '65.
- GivingThe New England Patriots star quarterback makes a surprise appearance at team owner Robert Kraft’s home to meet students and alumni.
- GivingDespite never having visiting campus, Beverly Shayne Winthrop embraced what the University represented and believed it was worthy of her support.
Grateful for the opportunity Brandeis gave him, James Polite '15 is already giving back to the UniversityThe formerly homeless teen, who was abandoned by his family for being gay, celebrated his 21st birthday by organizing a fundraiser for the Myra Kraft Transitional Year Program.
- StudentsNearly 80 students participate in poster session at third annual Summer Scifest.
- Alumni in the News
Usman Hameedi '12, a member of the first Science Posse, shares his inspiring story with readers of the Huffington PostAn aspiring doctor and accomplished poet from Brooklyn, he now works as a research technician at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York.
- ReunionThe Class of 1963, which observed its 50th Reunion, leads the way by raising $1.3 million.
- GivingThanks to a gift from the Blazeman Foundation, Brandeis scientists will utilize a novel approach to search for a cure to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- GivingThe Myra Kraft Transitional Year Program represents the perfect marriage of an individual and an institution, both deeply committed to providing opportunities to the disadvantaged.
- GivingA total of 76 percent of the recent graduates made a gift, topping the 2012 record of 75 percent.
- FriendsThe group, which was elected by the Board of Trustees, includes five alumni couples.
- GivingXiru Zhang, MS ’90, PhD ’91, makes a lead gift to establish a fellowship in the name of former professor David Waltz.
- GivingNearly a century after renowned physician Rose Jannini earned her medical degree, Brandeis students receive support.
- ParentsBrandeis Bench Program aims to install 50 benches around campus over the next few year.
- Donor ProfileBequest will establish chair in mathematics at Brandeis to honor parents of Gerald Schwarz.
- GivingProgram bring to individuals who advance social justice to campus.
- Donor ProfileWith two sons flourishing, grateful parents support the University,
- Donor ProfileTheir generosity allows students to benefit from the unique Brandeis educational experience.
- Donor ProfileBrandeis opened a whole new world of opportunity for Meghan McHale '10.
- Donor ProfileFather and daughter choose same University, but select different academic paths.
- Donor ProfileHe serves as president and CEO of Sea Research Foundation.
- Donor ProfileHer undergraduate experience served as the foundation for a career as a lawyer and activist.
- GivingShe was the first person in her family to attend college.
- GivingCrown family makes new gift in support of renowned Center for Middle East Studies.
- GivingNew scholarship established in the name of Joe Warren, MSW ’72, PhD ’83, who changed the trajectory of hundreds of teenagers’ lives by helping to steer them toward college.
- GivingAlumni Club of Toronto leads effort to create scholarship from as many alumni and friends as possible.